Wednesday 22 July 2015

6 New Things For 6 Weeks Of Summer

(Courtesy of Pinterest)

The summer holidays are upon us and whether you've broken up from school for 6 weeks or are still working some days, spending this summer in a productive and new way is something that I am aiming to do. 

I want to try new things, go to new places and learn something different, so I thought I'd put together a list of activities that I want to achieve, and what better way to share it than in a blog post! 

1) Create a photo album 
This is at the top of my list and if I accomplish this and nothing else I'll be happy. Nowadays, photos are normally just stored on computers, phones, tablets etc which are all so unreliable but keeping a collection of memories in an album is everlasting. So this summer I want to take lots of photos and keep them in an album so that years from now I can look back at these pictures that I may have deleted from my phone. A good habit to have!

2) Go camping 
I'm not one for camping, however it doesn't just have to be rough. Camping with friends is a fun and new way to spend a night. Whether that's at a camping park with a load of others, a woods near a lake or even just in someone's back garden, I can imagine it being so much fun - smores, a campfire, star gazing..what more do you want?!

3) Have a tech free day
No phone, no computer, no tech for a whole. Sounds pretty hard but if those 100 years ago can do it then why can't we!? Do something with your family, or have a picnic outside. Cleanse and refresh with a tech free day. 

4) Museum hop 
I love museums, they're so interesting and don't always have to just be educational. Museums are so easy to find and I'd love to hop from museum to museum in a day. Although, it'd have to be on a cool day, I can't imagine travelling around on tubes etc on a boiling day. 

5) Catch a train somewhere spontaneous
This is something that has always been attractive to me. I love the idea of just getting on a train and letting it take you somewhere new and exciting. Obviously I wouldn't love to be taken too far away, but going somewhere spontaneous, I think, can be way more fun than going somewhere you've been hundreds of times. Exploring new places is always a fun day. 

6) Volunteer for a day
This is an activity that can be so detoxing and something which I am so eager to do. Doing volunteering in your local community is so rewarding and benefits not only your inner self but others around you. 

Love Hannah 
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment