Thursday 20 August 2015

Sleek Matte Me Review - 'Birthday Suit'

When it comes to lip glosses or lipsticks, I am more of a matte girl. With the likes of Kylie Jenner influencing the rise of matte lipsticks, I have grown to really really like them. However, finding the perfect matte lip colour that not only is durable, pigmented and non-drying on the lips was a lot harder than anticipated...until I stumbled upon Sleek's Matte Lip glosses. I was instantly sold. 


 I am more of a 'nudey' lip kinda girl, so the shade 'Birthday Suit' was very fitting. But with the 6 other shades, it was a bit difficult! With the name 'Birthday Suit' it was obvious to me that this was going to be a nude colour, and I was correct. I immediately put this in my basket with excitement to try it out. 

It's incredibly easy to apply and is very much a one coat product as it goes on, and mattifies, very opaque but that doesn't mean you can't be build the colour - I like to go for 2 coats. I love the way it looks afterwards, the colour is a perfect nude and the matte after-look is a very stand out look. 


Something that did worry me was whether or not this lip product would dry out my lips, as this is something that matte lip products are known to do but as long as I put on a lot of lip balm before applying the product it leaves my lips feeling fine throughout the day, and I do suffer from dry lips, especially in winter.

Overall, I am super impressed with this product. For £5.99 it really is such a bargain, baring in mind how brilliant the colour, duration and general look of the product is. So, if you're looking for a drugstore matte lipgloss, this range is the one for you.

Love Hannah
xoxo

instagram  / twitter  / pinterest  / bloglovin' / tumblr

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check these out! The colour looks great on you :)

    Megan
    www.megangeorgie.com

    ReplyDelete