Thursday 13 November 2014

Being Ill | What I Do When I'm Off School

I rarely ever get ill, but if I do then it's normally pretty bad, making it almost impossible for me to get out of bed which for some may seem like a dream but I get pretty bored and (like most people) I hate being ill! 

Over the last couple of days I have been pretty ill and so today I thought I'd share with you what I do when I have to stay off school. Enjoy! *cough* 


1) Catching up on any notes I've missed/homework
Quite a boring first activity but it has to be done! Staying off school, especially when studying a levels, is pretty bad luck when you have tons of notes and homework to catch up on. But I can't just laze around all day (although I would like to) so I tend to lie on my bed with a warm drink besides me and start writing. 




2)Watching netflix
Netflix has become quite the obsession of mine so I've really enjoyed just curling up in bed in my onesie and watching a classic film or a series. At the moment I've been loving American Horror Story...so you can guess that that's what I've been watching non-stop whilst being ill. 



3)Relaxing 
This is quite an obvious thing to do whilst ill, or just having a lazy day, but I think it's so important to relax whilst you're feeling ill or down as it can totally lift your mood and help your mind and soul settle. Relaxing is so broad and you can do anything from reading a book, having a bath or going out for a walk however I really find that listening to calming music helps me when I'm poorly - I think the peacefulness of it stops me from worrying about work I'm missing or wondering about when I'm going to feel okay again. I'd definitely recommend Lewis Watson or Birdy for some calming music. 



4)Sleeping
Honestly, this is what I do probably 90% of the time that I'm off ill because it pasts the time and the last thing I want is to feel tired and ill at the same time! Sleeping is also 'natures call' meaning a lot of the time, after you've rested you feel a lot better. 




5)Internet shopping
I am SO guilty of this but what more is going to make you feel better than spending a little money on something? Like they say, there's nothing wrong with a little retail therapy to cheer you up...and that's exactly what I do! Even if I don't want to spend money, I like to browse various shops (ASOS and New Look have some really good AW things at the moment!) and add them to my wish-list for a later day. 





Thanks for reading! 

Love Hannah
xoxo 

(p.s make sure to follow me over on blog lovin!)





2 comments: