Friday 26 December 2014

Get Ready With Me | Christmas Morning

Merry Christmas! I want to first of all say that I really hope you had a lovely christmas, ate tons of food and opened lots of lovely presents!! 

I thought I'd share with you how I got ready for the big day yesterday from showering to outfit. This is my first ever 'get ready with me' type of post so I do hope you enjoy....

PRE-MAKEUP
After opening presents and having breakfast, I went upstairs to have a shower. Although I didn't wash my hair (I had done that the night before), I washed my body using Champneys shower gel.This was my first time using this product as it was a present but my first impressions are very good. I followed it up with Champneys body lotion. These two products are amazing together - my skin was left feeling incredibly soft and smelling very citrusy which I loved. Then I washed my face using the nitrogena facial scrub and moisturised with simple light moisturiser to get my face ready for the makeup. 



MAKEUP
I started off by priming my face using MUA's matte primer. I love this primer, it's so good for those with oily skin as it controls the oil balance and matifies the skin ready for foundation. For foundation I used the L'Oreal Match Perfection which I adore! Then I went on to concealing any blemishes with Collections Lasting Perfection which I'm sure many of you have heard of as it's brilliant and then I used Rimmel London's Wake Me Up concealer for covering dark circles under my eyes and highlighting. I went in with a No7 blush, I love this blush as it creates a really lovely subtle pinky colour to the cheeks with a hint of shimmer. Then, I highlighted using MAC's Soft and Gentle on my cheekbones, nose, chin and the top of my forehead. 




To fill in my eyebrows, I used No7 pencil (I'm not sure what the name is as I've sharpened it!). I love this pencil - it's easy to use, a perfect colour and blends nicely. Then I went on to doing my eyeshadow but I firstly primed my eyelids with Sin by Urban Decay. For my eyeshadow, I mixed it up a bit and used my Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay to create a pretty pinky look. I got inspiration for this look from this video. I then just applied a winged eyeliner, black pencil eyeliner on my bottom waterline and lots of coats of mascara. 


I wanted to keep things very classic by wearing a glossy red lip. Nothing screams christmas more than wearing a red lip! I used Body Shop's lip pencil in..., Avon red lipstick, Seventeen red gloss (tester size) and then to seal all that in I used Rimmel London's Lip Lock top coat. I definitely recommend this top coat sort of product, it's so good at keeping your lipstick on all day. 



HAIR
I decided to curl my hair just at the bottom using...and then create a lot of volume at the top by back combing with Primark's back combing brush to create a sort of 'beehive' look. I then took two strands of hair at either side of the front and clipped them at the back of my head so that beehive could be defined even more. I think this is such a lovely hair-do that can dressed up even more or dressed down. 


The completed hair and makeup look!


OUTFIT
I loved this outfit (if I do say so myself!). I think it looks so elegant but still youthful and fun due to the feather trim at the bottom of the dress. I also really love the holographic shoes that appear to 'change colour' whenever the light hits it at different angles. The dress is from Topshop and the shoes from New Look - they were both purchased this month so, if you're interested, I'm certain they're still available. 

(I'm so sorry for the horrendous lighting!)
Dress - Topshop
Shoes - New Look

So that's it! Thanks for reading this special GRWM and I hope you enjoyed it. Once again, I hope you had a lovely christmas and have a happy new year! 

Love Hannah
xoxo

(ps, make sure to follow me over on bloglovin!)

4 comments:

  1. That's such a cute outfit! You made more of an effort than I did!
    Http://www.tamlovestea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) but trust me, after dinner i changed straight into a onesie!

      Delete
  2. That dress is so nice!! You look great xx

    http://jolifromwithin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete