Monday 1 December 2014

A Weekend South West | Longleat and Lacock

There is nothing nicer than having a little weekend away to a new and interesting place. My family and I packed an overnight bag and drove up to Wiltshire where we had a visit to Longleat and a historic village called Lacock. 

Longleat is a safari park with a beautiful manor house attached. I think I've only been once or twice when I was tiny so this time round was the first time that I was able to admire how beautiful it all really is. Also because it's pretty much Christmas now (kind of) you can imagine how Christmasy and sparkly everything was. Even though I love going to the zoo, this wasn't really the reason why we went to Longleat. Up to the end of December Longleat put on a Festival of Lights where it was all very Chinese themed with lanterns, thousands of brightly coloured lights and stalls with Chinese features. 



Who remembers Postman Pat?!
 









Hat - (not sure where I got it from but there's so many in high street stores atm!)
Turtle Neck Top - ASOS
Belt - Primark
Floral Skirt - Topshop
Chunky Chelsea Boots - Primark
Coat - Primark

Even in the daylight it looked incredible, however when the sun went down and the moon went up it was a completely different story...... 









The pictures don't show enough of the light projected by the amazing displays. It was honestly breath-taking how delicate but 'in your face' all the features were and it definitely is something I'll remember for a very long time. 







The next day we travelled a little way across to a very small, victorianesque village called Lacock. This village was so beautiful but full of historic features, I could easily live there for the rest of my life. We walked around the village square and went inbetween little lanes which was so cute because the lanes where very small but still filled with unique architecture. 











Then we walked around the Abbey grounds which was so autumnal and pretty. No describing words i the world could even describe how amazing and breaktaking the grounds were....so I'm just going to let the pictures do it! 











Do you recognise this from Harry Potter?

 





I really hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed my weekend away.
Where's a place you've been to recently that you've loved?

Love Hannah
xoxo

(ps make sure to follow me on bloglovin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment