Tuesday 23 December 2014

14 Favourite Products of 2014


2015 is VERY nearly upon us so this evening I thought I'd share with you my 14 most loved products of 2014.





1) MAC Soft and Gentle Highlighter 
I started using this highlighter around Easter time and haven't regretted it. Highlighting my face is something that I love to do as I love that dwy look and this highlighter does the perfect trick. It is powder based but it lasts all day and the 'shine' of it on the skin stays looking the same as when first applied. I'm sort of an Ivory skin tone and it looks so lovely and subtle however I know girls who have used this product with very pale or very tanned skin and still looks natural on both so I'd definitely recommend this product regardless of skin tone and I don't regret purchasing it! 

2)Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
I got this palette for my birthday in June and I fell in love with it instantly! The shades are very pinky-browny tones so those with blue and green eyes would go well with this palette. It is extremely versatile - it can be used in the daytime but also nighttime and although expensive, I can't fault it. 

3)L'Oreal True Match Foundation
Although I purchased this foundation at the end of 2014, it has been my go-to foundation and will be until I find an even more better one! The coverage is medium but it doesn't look caky and creates a really lovely flawless base. It stays on all day and night and I haven't had any problems with patchiness or creasing at the end of the day. 

4)Benefit Dandelion Blush
When I got a little tester of this blush for my birthday and after using it a couple of times, I immediately had to buy the big version. This blush peachy, pinky toned and is perfect for those who want a subtle but visible colour to the cheeks. 

5)Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer 
This conceler has literally been my life. I absolutely love it, the coverage is so lovely, under my eyes, and really brightens and conceals any dark circles or discolouration. It doesn't crease which is something I normally struggle with when it comes to concealers, so it has become my favourite under eye concealer ever! 

6)Avon Red Lipstick
I love wearing red lipsticks as they sort of 'fit in' with any time of the year. I have so many red lipsticks it is ridiculous but my favourite one of all is definitely one which is from Avon (I'm not sure what the name is as it doesn't say on the tubey thing!). This lipstick creates a classic matte, vibrant red lip which honestly lasts for ages. I cannot fault it and I'm dreading the day when it runs out as I don't know what it's called!! 

7)L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil
During the summer, my hair gets horribly dry due to the heat, especially when I go on holidays to somewhere abroad so I always need with me a nourishing and caring hair product of some sort to calm my hair down. This year I have been loving L'Oreal's extraordinary oil - it can be used for anything in regards to hair: before blow drying/straightening/curling, after shampooing and even for when your hair needs a bit more loving. It has completely transformed my hair into a dry mess to  tamed and sleek locks. 

8)Lush Sea Spray Hair Mist
Lush is one of my favourite shops ever and this year when I picked up this sea salt spray, I loved it even more! This product was put on my hair nearly everyday during summer and when I went on holiday as it created a really nice, natural wavy look that is perfect for summer. It also creates body and volume...so it's basically an amazing 3-in-1 product! 

9)Lush Eau Roma Toner Water
Also from Lush I have been loving this toner water. It's such a good toner to use day and night that hydrates and clears the skin for any left over make up. I'm currently on my second bottle which is nearly at an end, so you can tell how much I love this product. Definitely check it out! 

10)St Tropez Tinted Moisturiser 
Although I am not using it now (I don't mind having pale skin for winter), this tinted moisturiser was something I used 24/7 in summer. For someone that isn't very confident with fake tanning, I was pleasantly surprised at how subtle this tinted moisturiser was and it didn't make my body look orange and streaky which is something I was really worried about! I love this product and will definitely be visiting boots as summer approaches to pick up some more. 

11)Urban Decay Sin Primer
This primer has been the base for my eyeshadow for the majority of 2014. I think it goes perfectly with shimmery eyeshadows as the hint of shimmer in the primer emphases the eyeshadow/s even more creating a glam look - a must have for the evening! Also, it lasts all day and all night so worrying about creasing or colour fading is not needed.

12)Vaseline Rosy Lips 
I'm extremely picky when it comes to lip care as I don't like weird textures on my lips, so after trying out so many I picked up this one from Vaseline and haven't regretted it since. The texture is really nice and almost silk like and with the added hint of red, it brings back that youthful colouring to your lips. A very handy little product that's always been in my handbag throughout 2014.

13)BarryM Matte Nail Polish Range
If you haven't heard of this range then where have you been?! I probably own most of these matte nail polishes and any of them are have been on my nails 99% of the time during 2014. I guess it's a personal preference of whether your prefer matte or glossy nails but I can't really describe how much I adore how matte nails look! Favourite nail polishes of 2014.

14)Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
I adore this brush! It can be used for anything and everything - concealing, foundation, contouring, highlighting etc etc. It is such a useful and basic essential that should be in everyone's make up bags. The hairs are soft and haven't fallen out and  this brush makes it so easy to apply and blend any product. A must have really!

I'd love to know what your favourite products of 2014 have been :)

Love Hannah
xoxo

(ps, make sure to follow me over on bloglovin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment