Thursday 4 December 2014

Winter Essentials

 It's finally December! 

December is probably one of my favourite months purely because everywhere you go and everywhere you look, it seems as if christmas has vomited on everything (rather gross way of putting it). December is also an extremely cold, wintery and snuggery month so as it's most definitely winter now, I thought I'd share with you my winter essentials. 

My number first winter essential would have to be jumpers. Whether thats a christmas jumper or fishermen jumper, they're always something that I personally have to have lots of in my wardrobe because they're a piece of clothing that you can throw on with anything and still make it look like you've spent an hour on your outfit.

Primark Christmas Scene Sweater

Primark Mens Knitted Jumper
These two jumpers are definitely my favourite this year.  I have so many different christmas jumpers but I think this one has to be my favourite just because the scene, in my opinion, is perfect and very traditional (it also looks so cute with a frilly collar). The second is just your bog standard knitted jumper. I really like this jumper because it is SO thick and warm, but also because the colour is beautiful; the added specs of the pinks and reds really complement the main burgundy colour which is probably my favourite colour to wear in the winter period. 


My second essential are boots! During winter you'll probably only really find me wearing boots as they're so comfy and keep your toes roasting. Boots are also amazing when its slippery as most have quite a strong sturdy grip, so the chances of you slipping over on ice may be quite unlikely (but don't take my word for it!).The boots that I wear range from cute little brown boots to chunky black chelsea boots but I think it's nice to have a range of one style as it gives you options - am I right?!


Black Chunky Heeled - Primark
White Chunky Heeled - Ebay
Burgundy Doc Martins - Office
Brown Chelsea Boots - Primark

A rather popular trend that is my third essential is tartan/checkered scarves. There are so many different types of tartan/checkered scarfs in almost every shop and it's not surprising seeing how  they can just complete an outfit and still being warm at the same time. It's quite obvious why these are an essential of mine as they're just so nice to layer up with and, like I said, they're really an all round essential for anyone - no matter how old you are! 


Can't remember the name of this shop but like I said previously, these sort of scarfs can be found anywhere at the moment!
The scarf I have and wear 90% of the time is this really lovely camel, old looking scarf with red, dark green and navy stripes. This scarf goes perfectly with almost everything that I own so there's no need for me to go out a buy another one which is great, but it's also incredibly soft meaning that wearing this keeps my neck nice and snug!


My next essential are a toasty pair of slippers. One of my favourite things to do when I get home from being in the chilly weather is to put on my pug slippers. Your feet is one of the first place the coldness hits you, so, by wearing slippers that problem is resolved! For me, winter isn't winter without a snug pair of slippers. I love my pug slippers, they may be rather battered as you see but they're so adorable and very furry inside that I just can't bear to through them away,



A beauty essential during winter is dark lipsticks, the colours are just so wintery and can glam up at any outfit, especially as we're in the party season. I must admit, I'm not one to be shy when it comes to wearing lipstick, if anything, the darker the better! 


(From left to right)
Rimmel London - Coffee Shimmer
Collection - Scorned
Rimmel London - Amethyst Shimmer

My last essential (which is probably the most important) are candles! Nothing beats curling up on the sofa with blankets and a christmas dvd surrounded by gingerbread, berry and cinnamon scented candles. For me, candles fill up a room with festive scents, relaxation and wintery goodness!

Tea light holders - Dunelm 


What are your winter essentials?

Love Hannah
xoxo



(ps, make sure to follow me on bloglovin!)







2 comments: