Sunday 20 September 2015

What Would Audrey Do? | Lifestyle




Audrey Hepburn. Everyone knows of her, everyone wants to look like her and everyone looks up to her and when I got the chance to go to the Audrey Hepburn exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery, I was ecstatic. 

I knew even before going to the exhibition that I wanted some sort of book to keep as a memo, whether that would be an autobiography or a collection of photographs. But when I saw 'What Would Audrey Do?' I immediately picked it up. 

Everything about this book is so special. Starting with the cover, that drew me towards it to begin with, I feel in love with the delicate font, the black and red (very Hepburn-esque) colour and then the selling point: 'Timeless Lessons for Living with Grace and Style'. Being a 21st century, modern teen the fashion of living with grace, I think, has disappeared to an extent. Personally, style and grace is what I live for! 

The inside is separated into 10 categories of situations, circumstances and personal things that allow you to understand, literally, what Audrey would do. For example, the fashion and personal appearance chapter which is my personal favourite, tells you how to do your hair, makeup, how to dress like Audrey would. Now, I'm completely all about the 'do you' trend but if, like me, you look up to Audrey Hepburn it's lovely to have an insight into how she dressed and what styles and makeup she was into. 

It's not all about what's on the outside, in fact, what I love a lot about this book, is that most of the chapters are based on things that everyone goes through like work struggles, heartbreak and romance, for example, so it's such a useful book for gaining tips as well as knowing what to do if Hepburn was in that situation! Although, because the society when she was alive and in her younger days is a LOT different to how it is know so some of the points I don't necessarily agree with, like not being allowed to ask a boy out which is incredibly old fashioned if I do say so myself, but overall I think it's more of a book that helps you and guides into making more morally, accepted decisions. 

I'll sit down with a cup of tea with this book and could read it over and over again. It's not one of those books that you can only read once and it's also not one of those books that you have to read book to front. If I need some advice, I'll just pick the relevant chapter and read that! That's is why it's the perfect book - there's no right or wrong way of reading it. 

I would recommend this book strongly, especially if you're not a heavy reader. It's written beautifully, the advice is so helpful and overall it's just an amazing insight into the mind of an amazing woman. 

Love Hannah
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment